Digital body weight bathroom scales to help you with all your weighing needs and more!
When you are choosing a bathroom scale, it seems like it should be a fairly straightforward and easy purchase, right? But doing even a little bit of research, you find that there are a surprisingly large number of options available in the market today. Thanks to the rapid advancements in technology, many digital body scales now go beyond just measuring your body’s weight. Today, digital body scales also provide information on body fat, calorie intake, and more. For some people, these extra features which provide additional information can greatly nudge them toward their health goals, while for others, a basic scale is best. Besides what you want it to measure and keep track, you will also have to think about where you will put it, so design and size are also something to keep in mind. Here are the best bathroom scales that will work well for you and your family.
Gone are the days when bathroom scales need to do only one thing: Give you a weight measurement you can trust. After more than six months of researching and stepping on and off 20 scales (a total of 55 hours and more than 800 weigh-ins), we found these scales to be one of the best we’ve tried.
Here are our nine recommendations for your digital body scale:
To keep your health and fitness journey on track, it is important to have a good weight scale at home. If you still do not have one and want to buy one, I have created a list of the best bathroom scales . So you can have easier time choosing an ideal model for you.
1.) Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale with Step-On Technology
This digital body scale has four highly precise sensors which provide accurate and stable readings. The Etekcity will measure body weight which range from 11Lb – 440Lb （5-200kg) The graduation increments of 0.2lb /0.1kg.
- It has a large LCD display with an easy to read digital print, with backlit feature so you can see the number even in low light. The 3.5 inch LCD display is just enough for you to see the digits clearly.
- With it’s large, modern-style, smooth, sleek surface that’s dependable and easy to clean, you can confidently step on this scale and measure your body weight with ease.
- This unit is also very durable, sturdy, and provides a steady platform. The 8mm thick tempered glass provides exceptional sturdiness. We opted for the large 15.4″ x 11.8″ platform so my bigger husband could easily step on it too. The large platform is also nicer for people with balance issues.
- This unit immediately provide readings as soon as you step on the bathroom scale. The auto-off, auto-zero, auto-calibration features also make this very easy to use. Low battery and overload indication; measures in both lb and kg.
- WARRANTY-CE/ROHS approved，1-year warranty and lifetime support by etekcity; runs on 2 AAA batteries (included)
2.) GreaterGoods Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale
Sometimes the old saying that goes “Simpler is better.” is just so true. Get just what you need, without compromise with this body scale. With its large, backlit display & sturdy tempered glass top this is a very easy scale to use.
Although this has nothing to do with digital body scales, maybe you’ll be glad to know that the company who makes this scale donate a piece of your purchase helps Love146 fight trafficking & care for survivors.
Simplify your daily weigh-ins with a streamlined scale designed to help you focus on your fitness goals. The sleek tempered glass top has a minimal look that blends into any space, and the easy-to-read screen gives you only the information you want.
- Features I love are the following.
- Extra-large, backlit LCD screen.
- Scale calibrates itself automatically—just step on to weigh yourself, and the scale will turn off after you finish.
- Non-slip, scratch-resistant feet keep the scale in place without damaging your floors.
- 4 weighing sensors work together to ensure a resolution of +/- 0.2 lb/0.1 kg.
- Large, tempered glass weighing platform supports up to 400 lbs, with a minimum weight of 11 lbs. 2 long-lasting CR2032 batteries included.
3.) RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale
The Renpho bluetooth body fat scale has Smart App which syncs with different fitness apps in your phone. It’s one of the most bought digital body scale .
RENPHO App syncs with APPLE HEALTH, GOOGLE FIT, and FITBIT APP.
- 11 essential measurements with the scale shows body weight, data including Weight, BMI, Body Fat Percentage which can store to your app. You can weigh yourself anytime WITHOUT your phone. The data will sync to the app once it is connected again!
- Free Friendly App – Download RENPHO app for FREE at App Store/Google Play. RENPHO App works with Bluetooth 4.0, supports Android 4.3 & IOS 7.0 or above system.
- High Quality Product – Auto calibration, high precision sensors measure in increments of 0.2 lb./0.05 kg with 396lbs/180kg capacity.
- 4 sensitive electrodes, 6mm tempered glass platform, 3 x AAA batteries included. FDA/CE/FCC/ROHS Certificated.
Main Features of RENPHO app
- Easy to setup
- Tracks 11 metrics over time
- One scale, unlimited users
- Share progress with friends
- Works even when not connected; data will sync once your phone is connected again!
High Accuracy & Made of Quality Materials
- The RENPHO Smart Scale is equipped with four high-precision sensors and four electrodes to ensure a quick and accurate body composition analysis. Surface is made of 5 mm tempered glass; bottom is made of quality ABS plastic.
- Sleek and Modern Design
- The RENPHO Smart Scale has a simple, sleek and modern design. It comes in a classic black color, which makes it fit perfectly into any bathroom or bedroom!
4.) EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra-Wide Platform
The EatSmart Precision Plus Bathroom Scale is the ideal way to track your weight quickly and easily. EatSmart’s proprietary step-on technology allows you to simply step onto the bath scale platform and receive an instant, accurate reading to the nearest 0.2 lb.
- No more “waking up” your scale by tapping or pressing buttons! The oversized 4.3″ LCD display contains a cool-blue backlight, allowing for easy viewing even in the most dimly lighted areas of the bathroom or home.
- Engineered to the highest precision standards, the EatSmart Precision Plus features four high-gauge precision G sensors to ensure premium accuracy with each weigh-in. While this bathroom scale’s slim, ergonomic design fits perfectly into any surroundings, its 15″ wide non-slip platform safely weighs up to 440 pounds (one of the highest capacities on the market).
All shapes and sizes can now track their weight both comfortably and efficiently! Along with your EatSmart digital scale, you will also receive our easy-follow instruction guide, 2 AAA batteries, and our 2 year EatSmart guarantee.Consistent and accurate measurement.
5.) EatSmart Products Precision Getfit Digital Body Fat Scale with Auto Recognition Technology
Another EatSmart digital body scale has made it to our list.
This EatSmart Precision GetFit Body Fat Scale with Auto Recognition Technology has the following features that sets it apart.
It can quickly and easily measure weight, body fat, body water, muscle mass, and bone mass using our new ITO BIA technology. This scale is perfect for individuals who are serious about taking control of their health.
- Bio-Electrical Impedance Analysis Technology
- BIA (Bio-Electrical Impedance Analysis) technology allows you to easily calculate your body fitness by imputing information of gender, height, age, activity level and your weight.
- In bare feet, this technology sends a low-level electrical signal though your body fat and then measures the resistance the signal encounters. This signal is perfectly safe and will not be felt.
- Store Up To 8 User Profiles
The Precision GetFit Scale stores up to 8 different users’ personal profiles and will be able to recognize these users as soon as they step onto the scale. This auto recognition software makes it simple to operate, since all you have to do is stand on the platform barefoot and it identifies who you are based on past weight.
6.) Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale
Here are some of features of Ozeri Touch 440 lbs total body bath scale
- Measures Weight, Fat, Muscle, Bone and Hydration with Auto Recognition and Infant Tare Technology
- Utilizes an advanced algorithm that instantly calculates your weight, body fat, hydration, muscle and bone mass.
- Features 4 touch sensitive buttons for easy operation and auto recognition technology of up to 8 personal profiles for shared use at home, office or at the gym.
- Utilizes 4 high precision GX sensors to weigh up to 440 pounds (200 kilograms) in 0.2 lbs or 0.1 kg increments with StepOn Technology.
- Elegant reflective surface is made of high quality impact-resistant tempered glass, which is 4 times stronger than normal glass.
For families with newborn babies, it has the newly enhanced digital body scale with an Infant Tare Button that allows for quick and easy weighing of your infant, pet or luggage item while in your arms.
7.) HUTbIT Body Fat Scale
One step to get 13 essential body composition data, accurately tracking your daily progress.
- Download ‘Feelfit’ app for free in App Store or Google Play. Register and setup in an easy way. Track and analyze 13 comprehensive metrics seamlessly. Set your goal and get a customized data trend.
- One Scale for unlimited users, the HUTbIT Smart Scale will instantly recognize who you are when you step on it, perfect for families. You don’t need to connect your mobile phone with the scale all the time, data will sync to the app once it is connected again. What’s more, ‘Feelfit’ app could sync data with Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit, etc.
- 13 Key Body Composition Metrics Weight, BMI, body fat, fat-free body weight, subcutaneous fat, visceral fat, body water, skeletal muscle, muscle mass, bone mass, protein, BMR and metabolic age. (Most of the scales only have 11 metrics, without BMR and visceral fat measurements.)
- High Accuracy Measurements With the advanced Dual-frequency BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) Technology, the scale could reach a precise measurement of your body composition. And the scale itself measures weight with an accuracy of 0.2 pounds.
Sleek and Ergonomic Design The tempered glass is thin but could supports up to 400 pounds, which offers a great combination between style and functionality.
8.) Etekcity Smart Bluetooth Body Fat Scale
Now, you can easily monitor what matters to you.
Etekcity’s smart Bluetooth fitness scale utilizes BIA technology to calculate 13 body composition data: Weight, BMI, Body Fat, Fat-free Body Weight, Subcutaneous Fat, Visceral Fat, Body Water, Skeletal Muscle, Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, BMR, Metabolic Age. With this in-depth analysis, you’ll be able to focus on what matters most to you.
- This digital body scale supports sync data with Apple Health, Google Fit & Fitbit, help store all your data in one location for viewing trends, tracking progress & improving.
- The Etekcity Smart Bluetooth Body Fat Scale support unlimited member profiles, seamlessly track multiple family users, and help create a truly smart and healthy lifestyle.
9.) NEVIFIT Bathroom Scale
Accurately monitor your body weight by stepping on the large 12.3” x 12.3” premium tempered glass platform to track your progress and reach your fitness goals faster.
- The INEVIFIT Bathroom Scale is equipped with Auto-Calibrating sensors which provide you with precise measurements for you and an unlimited number of family members every time.
- Body weight measurement readings should be hassle free, so your scale has Auto-On & Auto-Off sensing technology to save battery life.
- Designed with its elegant look right in Southern California, and have used a larger 3.6” LCD display to allow for easy reading. Thanks to its fine quality materials and upgraded sensors it can now weigh up to 400 lbs (180 kgs).
- The INEVIFIT Digital Scale comes with 7-day real USA customer support and our products include the industry leading 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Body weight scales are a necessity not luxury
As we’ve already explained to you above, body weight scale is a device designed to measure the weight of a body, either of a person or something else o similar weight range. Mechanical body weight scales use elastic spring which determines the weight of a body , and there are also body weight scales available with counterweight that are used to determine the weight of a body. However, one common thing with all scales is that they all consists of a platform that is placed horizontally, this is the base to stand on to measure the weight.
The body weight scales can be considered as a device of daily use, or an instrument that is common for people, but you must not choose the first body weight scale that you see in the market or online, without first taking into account several aspects, since, all body weight scales are not made equal.
The most important factor that we must consider when buying a body weight scale is the weight range that it supports , due to which it is best to purchase one that can support 50% to 80% of the maximum limit, so that it can be used by bigger people too.
Nowadays digital body weight scales use sophisticated electronic system, a screen that clearly shows the weight of the body. The sensitive sensors these devices use are called load cells. These sencors detect electric resistance when compressed due to the weight that is placed on the base of the body weight scale, which is converted into weight in lbs or Kg.
Because of the sophisticated system, the digital mechanism of these devices is extremely reliable and although it is believed that the mechanical body weight scales are more accurate, it’s far from the truth, as with advancement in technology digital body weight bathroom scales have become far more accurate than the analog scales.
Benefits of digital body weight scales
We have already mentioned that in the market you can find the traditional mechanical body weight scales, and you can also find the most modern, digital body weight scales. Some prefer the first because they do not trust digital methods, but it should be noted that digital body weight scales are nowdays better designed and are more accurate than mechanical body weight scales. And they come with more features too. Next, we will tell you many beneits and advantages of buying a digital body weight scale instead of a mechanical one:
Digital weight scales are more reliable
These devices are designed with a mechanism that ensures a better accuracy and reliability with respect to other analog models. Digital body weight scales are created with the most up-to-date and scientific methods in the market and industry, since we are always looking to create a better product, which is why some models of body weight scales produced more recently may be more effective than one from a couple of years ago.
The digital body weight scales are reliable, they are precise and extremely sensitive to the weight of bodies that rest on their surface, this is of great importance to register correct weight.
When using a body weight scale we must take into account that the weight limit of the appliance must be respected, since in case of exceeding it and wanting to weigh something with a weight greater than that of the supporting body weight scale we can obtain a wrong result, as well as harm the device.
It’s same with measuring very low weights, if the body weight scale is not able to perceive a very low weight, it’ll not show correct results. There fore you must put the device to use correctly for accurate results and long-term use.
The margin of error is very low
Although we may think that there are digital body weight scales better than others, either because they are of a recognized brand or because they are a more modern model, in general the vast majority has a very small margin of error regardless of the manufacturing company.
This means that digital weight scales are better than mechanical ones simply because they have almost zero margin of error. A digital body weight scale can give you the exact result of the weight and otherwise it will be the closest to reality.
The margin of error of these devices is generally 0.1 grams per kilogram , which is very low. Similarly, it must be taken into account that the calibration of the product must be done by following the instructions provided by the manufacturer in order to acheive good performance.
They are easier to use and calibrate
The mechanical body weight scales require a meticulous process to be configured and calibrated, which can be tedious and annoying, however, the digital body weight scales facilitate this process without any hassle, these devices only require the press of a button to carry out the process automatically.
Digital body weight scales use a very advanced electronic system , but because we live in a modern era where technology goes hand in hand with us in almost every aspect of our life, these devices are easier to operate than those that must be handled manually. Everything is carried out automatically by the system.
Modern, compact and innovative design
When comparing the new digital body weight scales with the traditional body weight scales you will clearly notice that the difference is quite considerable, since the design is completely different and you can see that they have been manufactured with more modern materials, as well as their design and aesthetics, as well as their practicality .
Modern digital body weight scales are simple to use and the design is compact compared to older models, therefore, they are simpler to use. The modernization of the body weight scales has also allowed them to be lighter and more comfortable, regardless of the use that is being made.
They contain more functions
The most modern digital body weight scales are so advanced in technology that they integrate more functions to their use, so they not only measure the weight, but have accessories that allow this device to perform more functions that are really useful for anyone.
The most relevant functions of digital bathroom are:
- Continue showing the weight on the screen after having removed -or having removed the object- from the surface.
- They show a clock and / or date.
- They allow to show the weight in pounds, kilograms or other measures.
- They include a weight converter.
- Memory to save results of previous weights and in this way keep a record.
- They can weigh small objects
The digital body weight scales are usually very sensitive, which allows weighing bodies or very small objects. This is really useful when we should know the measure of the weight of a food for a cooking recipe.
This feature is very common in digital body weight scales , since the mechanical ones do not have this level of sensitivity, but on the contrary, the mechanical body weight scales are marked most of the time to weigh objects or large body / weight.
Price of digital bathroom scales
The costs of the body weight scales may not vary too much , even between digital and mechanical body weight scales. We can think that a digital body weight scale is more expensive than a mechanical one for the simple fact of being a more modern product, which is true, but the increase in cost is not exaggerated.
We must take into account that a digital body weight scale has a better design, more functions and advantages with respect to a classic or mechanical body weight scale , it is clear that there is a big difference between both models. Therefore, the price is to be considered according to what we are acquiring.
Similarly, within the same range of digital body weight scales we will get a series of differences between the models so prices will vary depending on the technology used, the functions of the device and the brand.
Therefore, within this range of products you can get great quality at a good cost and so you will be having greater benefits than those achieved by a mechanical body weight scale that may cost the same.
What do I do if my digital body weight scale does not weigh well?
As we have mentioned throughout this article, digital body weight scales are very precise products as long as they are used in the right way. These body weight scales must be calibrated according to what is indicated in the package leaflet and must be used under the limits that they mention, that is, from a minimum weight to a maximum recommended weight, since not all body weight scales have the same capacity to take the weight.
Similarly, there are many details to take into account in regard to the weight of the human being , because by several factors this can be affected and we can come to believe that the body weight scale is defective, because the result can vary if we take it in different ways.
How to use digital body weight scales or best results
The fact is that the weight of a person can be affected by fluid retention, clothing and other factors that affect the human body , on the other hand, on the body weight scale there are also factors that affect, as well as vary the place where It is found and vary from device.
In this way, to obtain the most approximate result to reality with respect to someone’s weight, we must follow a specific itinerary or record to find the real result. It is recommended that the person who wants to have a reliable record of how their weight evolves, it is best to take the weight every day at the same time or weekly on the same day, in addition you should not change the place of the body weight scale and preferably the weight should be taken in the morning when waking up, in this way alterations of the result by the ingested liquids and foods are avoided.
There are those who recommend averaging the result , that is, taking the weight daily for a week, adding all the results and dividing this sum by seven, so the final average is the figure that should be taken into account as the final result of the weight, since it is believed that this is a figure closer to the true one taking into account the daily variations that can be had.
You must know that the changes that are experienced due to external factors are not so significant, that is , they will not cause us to have a weight with five kilos more, in that case we would have to talk about failures in the device. Therefore, everything mentioned so far is only for those interested in having an extremely accurate result, either because they have a strict diet or treatment, or because they simply want to have a very precise control of their body weight.
We are committed to researching, testing, and recommending the best products. We may receive commissions from purchases made after visiting links within our content.