Make 2022 the year you prioritize your health and fitness, lose weight and live a more healthy and fulfilling life. The first step you should take is to reduce or completely cut down on drinking sugary beverages and caffeinated drinks and replace them with water, the elixir of life. Water is essential to living a healthy and longer life. Humans can usually live without food for many weeks but life sustaining bodily functions stop within few days from lack of water.
Here are some of the most important benefits of water for human body:
Reducing or eliminating the intake of sugary and caffeinated drinks and replacing them with water will have these immediate effects on your body.
Water is essential for optimum brain functioning
: Proper hydration is important for your brain and nerve health. Many studies have found that drinking an ample amount of water every day improves mood, decreases anxiety, and improves automatic nerve function and quality of sleep.
Without water body can’t eliminate toxins
Water is very important for the proper functioning of kidneys and other vital organs. Water improves digestive and renal function which are responsible for the detoxification of toxins and a healthy digestive system.
Water is very important for healthy hair and skin
Optimum intake of water makes your hair stronger from roots to tips. Water improves the health of hair follicles and increases hair growth. Drinking water also transports nutrients to your skin and keeps it healthy.
Reasons to replace alcoholic drinks, caffeine, or sugary beverages with water.
- Sugary drinks and soda cause obesity, and are responsible for the proliferation of diabetes and other weight-related diseases all over the world.
- Milk and other dairy products are a top source of saturated fat all over the world and are often the main cause of many digestive problems. Further, if you’re lactose intolerant, consuming milk and dairy products can make you seriously ill. That’s why if you’re want to lose weight and live a healthy life you should replace milk with water.
- Caffeinated beverages such as coffee and green tea stress the adrenal glands. Consumption of caffeine is also known to cause dehydration, anxiety, insomnia, and many other circulatory ailments. Replacing caffeinated drinks with water can help you improve your sleep, feel active the whole day, and improve the health of your cardiovascular system.
- Quitting alcohol is very important to improving your health. Many studies show that even a moderate amount of alcohol is bad for your health. Also, alcoholic beverages are very high in calories which causes obesity. Alcohol also damages one of the most important organs in the body, the liver, which is responsible for the absorption of nutrients from the food and maintenance of metabolic functions in the body. Keeping yourself hydrated with water improves your liver function and keeps your metabolism in balance.
The function of water in the human body:
- Water regulates and keeps body temperature around 37°C;
- Drinking Optimum quantity of water ensures the adequacy of the amount of blood and lymphatic fluid circulating in the body;
- Water serves as a lubricant for the functioning of muscles, joints and eyes;
- Water cleanses the body and removes waste and toxins;
- Water moisturizes and maintains a good ph balance in your skin;
- Water allows the brain to function well and promote nerve connections.
- Water facilitates digestion and intestinal transit; say goodbye to constipation.
- Drinking a large glass of water provides a feeling of a full stomach, and therefore helps keep the food urges in check.
- Water Lubricates and cushions joints. Healthy joints such as knees, hips, shoulder, or elbows also play a key role in keeping you active throughout the day, they connect the bones of the body so that we can move freely and constantly.
- Water Protects the spinal cord and other sensitive tissues. water lubricates and cushions this structure of the central nervous system and other tissues.
- Water helps to have healthy and beautiful skin. Drinking water throughout the day allows your body to sweat, which causes your pores to open and your skin to cleanse.
How drinking water can help you improve your physical and mental health
Water is essential to regulation of body temperature. Your body loses water through sweat during physical activity and in hot environments. That sweating works as a mechanism to keep your body cool, but your body temperature will rise if you don’t replenish the water you lose. Why does this happen? What happens is that your body loses electrolytes and plasma when it is dehydrated, that is why if you are sweating more than usual, you should drink a lot of water.
Water helps your kidneys. Through your kidneys passes the main toxin of the body, the urea nitrogen in blood, this is a water-soluble waste that is excreted in the urine. This means that you need enough water in your body to perform this process in the right way.
Among the benefits of drinking water is to prevent constipation. Water makes it easier for waste particles to dissolve and gently pass them through the digestive tract.
Water transport essential nutrients and oxygen to cells. Consuming enough water daily will improve your circulation and have a positive impact on your overall health, as water carries valuable nutrients and oxygen throughout your body.
- Removes bacteria from the bladder.
- Drinking water helps you overcome the flu soon.
- More benefits of drinking water: helps create saliva.
- Among the benefits of drinking water is that it avoids hangovers.
- Water increases your physical performance by keeping your muscles and joints in good shape.
- Drinking Water Saves you time and money.
Important tips to Drink More Water Each Day
Although each case is unique and there is no official standard, the general consensus is that it takes three to 10 weeks to acquire a habit. The only proven method is repetition.
- Drink two glass of water with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It makes sure you have drunk an ample amount of water for the day even if you have a busy schedule.
- Join the trend of always keeping a bottle of water nearby and drinking from time to time.
- Set goals: Set a goal to drink a bottle of water before noon. Making goals will keep you motivated to drink water and avoid unhealthy drinks.
- Set reminders to hydrate yourself: Using a smartphone or pc reminder app, you can set a reminder to drink water every hour. It’ll help you keep yourself hydrated even if you are following a busy schedule.
- Add flavor to it. If you are one of those who do not like the “taste” of water, try to put pieces of fruit, lemon slices or aromatic herbs (leaves of good grass or mint) and gradually decrease the proportion.
- Get a water bottle:
Take water with you in bottle when you are going to do physical activity, even if it is going for a walk, your body will ask you for it and little by little you will find the taste.
- Drink water after coffee, this will decrease the acidic effect of Cofee on stomach.
- Set a time frame, it can be before you start cooking, to satiate yourself and avoid the temptation to try.